31st May - was so long ago I have forgetton everything I ate!
1st June - Trip to London to meet Matthew Morrisson!
So breakfast in the city was a bit of a challenge, as I found myself longing for a danish whirl (my previous go-to breakfast on the move). I had to make do with a Starbucks fruit salad instead along with an innocent smoothie, which wasn't great as I don't like melon and the kiwi had a weird texture, but I persevered ! It did make me laugh when the cashier put my items through the till then proceeded to ask if I wanted a drink...
Lunch was again a bit of challenge, I thought, ok Leicester Square, I'll at least be able to get Penne Arabiatta from Bella Italia - but alas they didn't have it on the menu! (however I just looked on their FAQs and apparetly they offer vegan pizza bases & toppings which I will have to test one day). So we ended up in weatherspoons and I had a Jacket potato and salad with beans. Must say it tasted quite bland without cheese and dressing and will take some getting used to (this was the first time I really felt a 'cheese craving'!)
Best part of the day was of course getting to meet Matthew Morrisson at Selfridges in the afternoon!
2nd June
Breakfast was the same, though I've decided that Nairns has far too many raisins in it making it really sweet after a while. Once this box is finished I will be on the hunt for new breakfast, any suggestions welcome.
Today for lunch I decided to follow the advice of avoiding salad vegetables to reduce risk of E Coli and tried Sainsbury's tomoato & basil pasta salad with Mcvities flatbreads (these are only marked as vegetarian but they looked vegan to me). The pasta was actually quite nice, I'm not normally a fan of cold pastas as my past experiance with them hasnet been great.
Dinner was a mix of bagels & cream cheese followed by hot dhal and rice. I really need to learn how to make dhal as it is a great source of protein and very tasty!
I washed my hair this evening with my vegan shampoo from Lush, but I still have my John Freida conditioner left over which I used. I never actually looked into it being veggie or vegan (still haven't), I was just concerend with the vivisection side of things and as I was advised they don't practice it I continued to use their products. Although I am unaware as to their vegan status I will be on the lookout for vegan salon quality hair products (though I have a feeling I won't get very far...).
Other Thoughts
Finding links for these food establishments has highlighted to me the fact that so much useful information is available on the net, but is less so on menus. Being a shy quiet person I never like making a fuss or having to ask about things, I would much rather look at the menu and make up my mind without having to ask someone to find out information. I think restaurants need to wake up to this fact and get more info in them!

No comments:
Post a Comment